mercredi 17 novembre 2010

Alice in Wonderland soundtrack

I’m thinking of a word that starts with “M”. There were five memorable musical moments in the movie Alice in Wonderland. Three were part of the score by Danny Elfman, one I could not figure for the life of me and only one is actually a credited song in the movie.
There was opening song with a chorus of female vocals: “Alice’s Theme” from the score. Then the engagement party featuring classical music (“Proposal/Down the Hole“). There was a tea party playing music that sounded like it was from the 40′s (unknown).  And then there were two songs that played during the closing credits: “Alice” by Avril Lavigne, followed by “Alice Reprise #5” by Danny Elfman.
As for the movie itself, I was very pleasantly surprised by Alice in Wonderland. Of course it was bizarre and dark – it is after all a truly bizarre story, and Tim Burton cannot help but shade even the most positive storytime tales.  But I would actually say the movie was delightful. It took me a bit to get past the ever-present sallow eyes, and it was certainly a better movie if you have a pretty clear understanding of the original storyline, but I really quite enjoyed it.
Mia Wasikowska and Helena Bonham Carter stole the screen. Both were fantastic. While Johnny Depp seemed a bit too much like a leprechaun playing a jolAly roger for me. And Anne Hathaway was much too flitty – all arms and no acting. While the CGI for the Red Queen’s monstrously large head worked perfectly, the stretched Stayne played by Crispin Glover just seemed awkward and lilting like a claymation scarecrow from the era of the first Clash of the Titans.
The producers of the movie worked with a lot of very cool artists to release a tribute album to the movie called Almost Alice. I was hoping that more than just one of the songs would actually be in the movie, but I can understand that they may have thrown off the feel of the movie.
Here’s the list of songs from Almost Alice. I would love to see a director’s cut or re-dub of the movie with these songs instead of the score.
A

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire