mercredi 17 novembre 2010

The Youth in Revolt Soundtrack

The soundtrack album for Youth in Revolt only has half the songs from the movie, but you can find all 18 songs from Youth in Revolt here.
I didn’t know what to expect from the soundtrack to Youth in Revolt. I was hoping for something ridiculously good, like Nick and Norah or Juno. Even Superbad wouldn’t be all that bad (though it was a little Ted Nugent heavy for my tastes). I think they gave us something in between.
There are a couple highlights from the soundtrack. Beulah’s “Popular Mechanics for Lovers” and the Fruit Bats song “When U Love Somebody” rise to the top of my list. I also like the throwback sounds of Jacques Dutronc, Jo Stafford and Brigitte Bardot. Maybe I am just too much of a child of the eighties, but I don’t think you can ever go wrong with Bananarama either, even if its really Fun Boy Three in the limelight.
Youth in Revolt also delivers a healthy collection of Fleshpot songs, including “Pretty Smart,” “Light of Love” and “Happiness Trigger” in the movie. Fatlip is also slowly but surely growing on me.
Here’s the complete list of all 18 songs from Youth in Revolt with downloads for them. Enjoy the Francois Dillinger-esque wickedness that ensues.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire